- Tell us a little about your horse age, gender and who their daddy is?
My horse is Quattro Cinco Bay, aka Strapper and sometimes “Fatman”. He is 29 years old!! His daddy is a horse named Oak Stump. I started riding Strapper 2 summers ago, and ran him in the BOTB Pee Wee Slot race when I was 8. He’s super fast and I’m having to really learn how to ride him. He’s stubborn and likes things his way, but he takes care of me. Good friends of ours the Vorachek’s sold him to us, they knew he’d teach me a lot. He acts like a 3 year old in the pasture. I was told he ran at Cheyenne and some big rodeos when he was younger.
- State where you qualified
- Name of Arena where you qualified
Midland County Fairgrounds
- What was your placing
I was 2nd in the peewee slot race there.
- How many times have you qualified for the best of the best or are you a first timer?
This is my 2nd PeeWee Slot race
- Tell us about the arena where you qualified – producers, ground, size of pen?
Midland has one of the only indoor arenas we run at. This was the first Dawn & Clea show up here, and it was awesome. The ground was good. Strapper almost took my arm off on the panel in the alley on the way out! But we were ok… he just needs to listen to me and whoa earlier!
- What has been your biggest win as a rider so far?
I won the Michigan IBRA Youth 3D State Championship on him in 2018
- Who is the one person that made you the rider you are today?
My mom! She helps me when we practice and we fix my mistakes, and she passed on her good Barrel racing genetics to me 😁