For those of you who don’t know Paige and her family – you are missing something special. From the minute we meant them, not only Paige, but all of them, had a special place in our hearts. Natalie Davidson is one of Paige’s special people in her life and it was not a surprise last year when Paige wanted to not only be part of the Best of the Best she want to be in the Best of the Best. Well 2012 she would not see that dream realized but 2013 would be a whole new story. With only a couple weeks to qualify Paige and Dirty got the job done winning the barrel race and getting tagged BOTB Qualifier!
From over coming Autism to meeting her barrel racing goals this little gal is something special and is without a doubt one to watch for the winners circle. Her family could not be more proud.
Her Mom sent this in and I thought I would leave it as it made me giggle thinking of them giggling. Her Dad sent this pic of her concentrating on her run to come.
Meet Paige Campf & her horse Dirty
Hi Dawn and Clea…here are Paige’s answer’s…I hope it is what you were looking for LOL…she made us giggle a bit at her answers.
1. How old is horse and how long have you 2 been a team?
Dirty is 11 years old and we have been together for one year.
2. Where did you qualify and what placing was it and how many horses were in the class?
We qualified at Simmons Equestrian Center , first place with around 100 horses. Not sure how many exactly and don’t know how to find out!?!
3. Any quirks the 2 of you do before you run?
We just walk calmly and think about it.
4. What do you feed your horse?
2 ½ cups race grain, 2 ½ cups Little Ireland grain twice a day, Progressive Nutrition Pro Add Ultimate Supplement with biotin and Hylamotion once a day.
5. What is one secret training tool?
I love Dirty and he loves me!! I’m always nice and never heavy handed with him.
6. How often do you ride in a weeks time?
2 to 5 times
7. If you could name one thing that made you the rider you are today, what would it be?
My family supports me and my Dad takes me to the shows, Natalie Davidson trains me and I love to go fast!
8. What is your Favorite arena and why?
Simmons because it is close to home and everyone is nice there.
9. Tell us something that not every one knows about you and your horse?
Sometimes I ride standing up when my Dads not around.
10. Do you have any goals for you and your horse in the next year to come?
I would like to do trick riding!
11. What Charity would you like to support if you had the chance and why?
Forever Safe Farm. It’s my Mom and Dad’s farm and we give a forever home to about 90 animals that nobody wants anymore. I take care of the pigs, dogs, some of the horses and help clean the camels stall too.
12. What has been your all time favorite win as a rider. – Any horse, any time, any arena?
Last year at the WB Ranch for the BOTB race. On Sunday I won the open 1D class and will never forget that.
If you are unsure why this little gals melts our hearts perhaps you will know now a little bit more why. If you get a chance and you see Paige at the Best of the Best say hi- she is a lil shy but not after she meets ya.
Paige – Clea and I could not be happier or prouder of you. Congrats you deserve this ride!
Until we see you again- Love one another a little more you never know what tomorrow will bring.
Dawn and Clea
You are so cool! I do not believe I have read through anything like this before.
So good to find someone with some original thoughts on this issue.
Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up.
This site is something that is needed on the web, someone with a bit of originality!